Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Daddy's baby girl...

A few weeks ago I woke up extremely early.  D was still sleeping away. I decided to turn over and watch him sleep for a second. He always looks so peaceful when he sleeps. One of the last sonogram pictures we have of Aven is of her sleeping in a way that mimics how D sleeps. They look exactly the same.  When I realized this I got out of bed and went straight to my desk to pull out the sonogram picture of Aven. I don't take the pictures out nearly as much as I would like. I have to prepare myself each time I look at them because seeing them usually brings tears to my eyes. I did indeed cry but the tears were happy tears.  I am still amazed at how much she looked just like him… feet and all. It made my heart smile. It makes me happy that when I now see D sleeping, I will forever think of our sweet Aven.
What I wanted most for my daughter was that she be able to soar confidently in her own sky, whatever that may be. ~ Helen Claes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment