Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Silver Lining

When you think things can’t get any worse, they most certainly can and do. I was laid off Tuesday from a work environment that I loved or rather the people anyway. Whoever coined the phrase when it rains, it pours was most certainly right. Most of the grief books I have read mention a silver lining and that if it is possible to find a silver lining in a crappy situation maybe then moving on and moving forward is possible. It seems absurd to even fathom that something good could have come out of Aven dying but on days like this one, I can appreciate that her little life was great enough to provide just exactly that, a silver lining. If Aven hadn’t of died, it is possible that D and myself wouldn’t be as close as we are today. He is my best friend. I can say this not just using the cliché phrase that married couples use to describe their partner but I can say this wholeheartedly with every fiber of my being that it is true. He is the one that can now complete my sentences before I do. He can read my thoughts. He didn’t have this ability before Aven. Maybe I didn’t let him in then but after the torrential downpour or sadness we have experienced and are experiencing together, something fantastic blossomed. We both know it was because of Aven. She did this for us. Silver lining… I may not have the job that I loved and was comfortable in anymore or get to see my work friends daily anymore but I am looking forward to what the future holds today. Maybe it will be a new job that I wouldn’t have dared apply for or maybe even just the opportunity to dare to dream a little. If I can find a silver lining from Aven, I can certainly find one when it comes to my lack of employment.  Silver linings do exist. I am amazed even as I type this that I can see that today…
Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times ~ Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment