Friday, March 18, 2011

Never and Always...

Dear Aven,

Today is your due date.  March 18th.  It has been 20 weeks since we last held you, saw your little face, your little fingers and your little toes. We have been apart for the exact same amount of time that I actually carried you. Today is a sad day for us. Today is the day we officially have to let go of all the dreams we had for you. Today marks the end. We will never wake up to your crying at two in the morning. We will never watch you take your first steps or smile your first smile. We will never hear you laugh. We will never walk you to school or take you to feed the ducks. We will never chase away monsters from under your bed or kiss your little forehead good night. We will never watch you graduate from college. We will never get to see you in your wedding dress.... We will Never forget you. We Always hang up your Christmas stocking. We will Always speak of you. We will Always celebrate the day you were born. We will Always carry you in our hearts. We will Always remember you. We will Always love you.  Love Always <3 Mom and Dad

I thought of you with love today but that is nothing new,
I thought about you yesterday and days before that too.
I think of you in silence and often speak your name,
all I have are memories and your picture in a frame.
Your memory is a keepsake with which I will never part.
God has you in His keeping and I have you in my heart.

Author unknown

1 comment:

  1. Very lovely, April. Thinking of you on this special and bittersweet day.

    ReplyDelete