Monday, March 7, 2011

Until tomorrow...

There are some days that I have mountains of thoughts floating around in my brain. I found that writing them out brings a little relief but there are days like today where I just can’t find the words. I can’t find the right word to describe my sadness and my heartache. I feel like I keep repeating it over and over again and even still it doesn’t clearly capture what I am specifically trying to say. Today, I am not going to think about it and I am not going to write about it. Today, I am going to recite a prayer and leave it at that. I may not be Scarlet O’Hara but I can certainly take on her motto and put it off until tomorrow...after all… who knows what tomorrow holds.


God,
Grant me the serenity to accept that which cannot be changed;
the courage to change that which can be changed;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment