Thursday, March 31, 2011

Today

Since Tuesday I have had this feeling of weightlessness. I don't mean I lost weight rather a feeling that a ginormous weight or burden has been lifted off of my shoulders. Yesterday I accepted a job offer and am thrilled to know that come April 10th when my current job ends, April 11th I will have a new one to go to but that really isn't what caused this feeling of calm that I have right now. It is hard to explain... but even before the job offer came to be I already had a sense of calm or peace wash over me. Tuesday, I woke up, gave myself a little pep talk and had a really lovely day. I know this may sound absurd but it felt like someone put their hand on my shoulder and very gently whispered into my ear that I needed to just breathe. Today, I feel peace. Today, I smile because I want to. Today, I am happy.  I am not sure what tomorrow will bring and I am not sure if this peacefulness is fleeting but for today, I just want to enjoy it.

Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one ~ Dr. Seuss


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new job! I'm so glad you are enjoying your day. Days like this are a blessing:) ~Aubrey

    ReplyDelete