Friday, March 4, 2011

Sunglasses

I watched my almost 8 month old nephew play with his dad’s sunglasses for about 30 minutes the other night. He stared at the sunglasses in amazement.  Looking at his reflection in them and trying his darndest to take them apart with such fascination.  He smiled and smiled that he found something new to play with.  He seems to love to play with items that are not his toys and that don’t belong to him…the spoons, the measuring cups, my necklace… anything but the toys set in front of him.  I love this.  I love watching his little face light up when he finds something new to investigate and take apart or break.  My brother used to break all of his toys when he was little, always on accident, and was known to be the “destroyer” and it seems my nephew is right on track. He is definitely my brother’s son.  If I could convince myself to view the world through the eyes of a child today how less bleak things would seem and if my nephew can find such joy in a pair of sunglasses surely I can find a little joy in something today too! I love it when unexpected news arrives and it happens to be wonderful and a true genuine smile forms on my face whether I want it to or not. I have a really strong feeling today that I will smile and be content and that I won’t be able to control it. I will find my own pair of sunglasses…
Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is ~ Yoda

No comments:

Post a Comment